Before and After

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jenny Brunner
    Participant

This weekend we rearranged our living room according to the design I made in class. My husband did all the heavy moving and hung my artwork straight. I also painted the back wall of my built-in shelf and found some treasures in the attic, using only the largest pieces for better visibility.

We really like it.  My husband’s comment was that “we have so much more seating AND so much more space”. It’s kind of mind boggling.  And we  are able to display our most important/loved things.

Purchases: $20 mirror from a thrift store. $100 TV mount from Sam’s club–it does swivel and tilt. $40 worth of gold curtain-hanging rings.

Incomplete: We have ordered another matching console table from the man who made the first one ($200). I am working on the round rug for on the fireplace side.  Some day I will convert the green chairs (fireplace side) into swivel chairs ($70 each). Need to purchase little blue ottoman (5-in-1 from Amazon. $200. or something like)  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097DMSWNB/?coliid=I12FJNPW1MEWJI&colid=3U33M7O0SA0J&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1)

Orignial layout: Chairs ended up wherever my kids pulled them. Room had lots of unused/awkward space.   TV mounted above brown table at top of screen.  Original Layout

New Layout: based on answers to course questions. Allows more seating without having to rearrange every time I have a get-together. Made into two usable spaces. Swivel chairs (red) allow those seated to join any talking group or watch the TV (mounted above piano in upper right corner).

New Contented Layout

Before: (I didn’t bother to clean because that’s how it always looks.  And I was just making sure I had a before picture at all. Ha.)

Before 1

Before 2

Before 3

After:

After 1

After 2

After 3

shelf

OH wow, it looks amazing! You did so well following the process! When you get your round rug into the fireplace seating area, it will really ground that grouping. Bravo! Thank you for sharing these fantastic images with us 🙂

Jenny Brunner
      Participant

Thank you! The process really worked. I’ve used graph paper and cutouts to arrange furniture before, but your questions and analysis makes the room work (not just fit all the furniture into a space).

Andrea Cotter
        Participant

Such a great testament to the course, great job!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.