Layout

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Erin Johnson
    Participant

Hi Lee,

Here’s a copy of my current living room, vs the layout plans I have. I like the details sofa from Zgallerie because it’s comfortable. I currently have the big sur from Pottery Barn and it’s just not great.  I’d love slope arm but Evan likes more modern stuff. Thought about the side chairs and could use some help. The behind space is a walkway so I think anything too tall would cut you off from the living room too much, but I’m worried about the side chairs being dwarfed by the tall ceilings and bigger sofa that I currently  have. I just brought my daughter’s cream rug down to brighten it up a bit, but that’s not pictured.Current living room #2Current living roomcurrent living room #3

proposed layoutAny glaring errors here?

Thanks for sharing, Erin! You’re fortunate to have a great (and nicely sized) space to work with. For the chairs on the side, I would make sure that the backs are just a few inches shorter than whatever sofa you have. Instead of thinking of the backs as blocking the view to the room, think about the chairs creating a nice feeling of security when people are sitting in them, within the seating group.

Also, don’t forget about the power of swivel chairs. You could add some seating to layer [partially] in front of the sofa as well.

When it comes to upholstery, price is only part of the equation…make sure to ask lots of questions about the internals of the Details sofa from Arhaus and reference this article for information about what makes a great, long lasting sofa. Keep us posted.

Erin Johnson
      Participant

Thanks! I definitely want swivel chairs, just have to find the right ones. Hubs want some horrendously uncomfortable leather and wood chairs that are “in” right now. Trying to show him some better more lasting options.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.